This recipe is a friend’s family recipe. It will keep in the fridge for 4-5 days, after which it will start to discolour. If you want to keep it longer it’s best to freeze it and take out batches as you need (or just make small batches fresh).
Also, the quantities are just guidelines, it is very much done by tasting as you go and deciding what you want more/less of.
- Coriander leaves - 1 cereal bowl
- Green chillies - × 5-6
- Skinned peanuts - handful (sub. cashewnuts)
- Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
- Salt - ½ tsp
- Sugar - 1 tsp
- If doing by hand then finely chop the coriander and chillies before crushing together
- Crush or blend everything together
- Don’t pulverise it, just enough to have everything bind together
- Then add about 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Don’t add the lemon until the end otherwise you will lose the green of the chillis